- What was Harry Brearly trying to improve when he invented stainless steel and improved the world’s cutlery?
- When was the first canning process patented?
- When was the first can opener invented? (Clue – fifty years later!)
- Why were silver fish knives used so commonly in the 19th Century?
- What caused the human jaw to develop an overbite?
- What was the original curfew?
- What animals took over the role of ‘turnspit’ when it was considered unsafe for 4 and 5 year old children?
All these questions and more are answered in this informative, entertaining and interesting volume. It takes the reader through the development of cooking from its beginning on open fires to today’s multi-thousand-pound designer fantasies.